Today my Christmas present arrived. It's back in the box now, but I had to take a look at it to makes sure everything was working,right?

In the US this amp is sold by "Monoprice" and is branded "Stage Right" (model 611815). It seems to be sold in some places as the Harley Benton "Tube15" amp, for example by Thomann.

Most of the reviews have been good. It seems to be a re-cabbed version of the Laney Super Cub 12, which have also gotten decent reviews. There are some differences. The Laney has a proprietary speaker and a digital reverb. The Stage Right has a small spring reverb and a Celestion Seventy-80 12" speaker.

One of the biggest surprises was that, unlike many of the reviews which indicate that it has unbranded tubes, mine came equipped with JJ tubes. Three 12AX7's and 2 EL84s. Rectifier is sold state, so no tube for that.

One cool feature is a switch that drops the power output from 15 Watts to 1 Watt. Good for my garage.

Won't be able to really test it until after Santa officially presents it. I wanted something primarily for home use that would be loud enough to keep up with my son's drums and would not break the bank. Looks like it should fit the bill.

Curious if anyone else has had experience with these? They seem like a lot of amp for the money.