Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Monoprice/Stage-Right/Harley Benton 15 watt tube amp

Monoprice/Stage-Right/Harley Benton 15 watt tube amp

Today my Christmas present arrived. It's back in the box now, but I had to take a look at it to makes sure everything was working,right?

In the US this amp is sold by "Monoprice" and is branded "Stage Right" (model 611815). It seems to be sold in some places as the Harley Benton "Tube15" amp, for example by Thomann.

Most of the reviews have been good. It seems to be a re-cabbed version of the Laney Super Cub 12, which have also gotten decent reviews. There are some differences. The Laney has a proprietary speaker and a digital reverb. The Stage Right has a small spring reverb and a Celestion Seventy-80 12" speaker.

One of the biggest surprises was that, unlike many of the reviews which indicate that it has unbranded tubes, mine came equipped with JJ tubes. Three 12AX7's and 2 EL84s. Rectifier is sold state, so no tube for that.

One cool feature is a switch that drops the power output from 15 Watts to 1 Watt. Good for my garage.

Won't be able to really test it until after Santa officially presents it. I wanted something primarily for home use that would be loud enough to keep up with my son's drums and would not break the bank. Looks like it should fit the bill.

Curious if anyone else has had experience with these? They seem like a lot of amp for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    Curious if anyone else has had experience with these? They seem like a lot of amp for the money.
    Did santa let you know what the price was?
    You do realise that santa is fictitious?

cheers, Mark.

Cool! Look forward to pics/sound demo
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Quote Originally Posted by king casey View Post
    Did santa let you know what the price was?
    You do realise that santa is fictitious?

cheers, Mark.
    Ficticious?! My wife told me it was from Santa. I guess you are saying I should not dispute the $250 charge on our joint visa card?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...hoCxXAQAvD_BwE

Pics here. There are lots of sound demos on Youtube. Probably better than what you'll get from me... Mine will have to wait until after Christmas when I am officially allowed to take it out of the box.

I’m curious about that amp having a 3 band EQ plus an additional Tone control.
    I’ve not seen that before on any amp.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    I guess you are saying I should not dispute the $250 charge on our joint visa card?
    So that's $341.73 aus without factoring in the postage.
    Not much less than another Boss Katana 50.

cheers, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    I’m curious about that amp having a 3 band EQ plus an additional Tone control.
    I’ve not seen that before on any amp.
    I have. I have one on my Laney Ironheart. It’s a simpler form of the Blackstar ISF control. This is more of a tone ‘tilt’ control, so central is neutral, to the right is more treble and less bass, to the left is more bass and less treble. It's gentler and less peaky than the normal 3-band tone controls. You can treat it in two ways. One is to use it in conjunction with the EQ to help get just the sound you want, or if you gig a lot in different venues, you can leave your basic EQ settings as you prefer, and you use this control to adjust for the sound of the room e.g. if it’s bright sounding with lots of hard surfaces then turn it to the left, and for a dull room with lots of soft surfaces and drapes/curtains/carpets, turn it to the right.

Or whatever. It’s just another control to help get the sound you want.

Quote Originally Posted by king casey View Post
    So that's $341.73 aus without factoring in the postage.
    Not much less than another Boss Katana 50.

cheers, Mark.
    They only do 110v power, so no good for AUS market anyway.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    What's the cost of the Harley Benton version? https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_ben..._celestion.htm

AU$348 + shipping it looks to me.
    I'm getting $379.82 would not be keen to see what shipping would add on.

cheers, Mark.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast