Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Tube amp build (s)

I'm really enjoying it - the normal channel is good but the TMB channel is great, and sounds giant with my low tuned guitars. Very glad I decided to build this circuit.

I'm still thinking about a build for my brother's birthday, and am considering building another of these for him. I think it would suit his playing style, and he has requested purple tolex, so at least I know I can buy a pretty good pre-built box for it!

I also have tubes already, plus I bought extras of all the parts so lots of the small parts are on hand. I'll keep thinking about it though so if anyone has ideas for something else worth building, feel free to make suggestions. Ideally I'd like it to be a build where the faceplates and chassis are easily available - I don't mind making a cab, but I don't think I have the time or brain space to DIY the entirety of the build.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Well, I'm sorted for the next little while!

The first of two packages - most of the large parts for the next two builds - another 18W TMB (pretty much exactly the same as the last one), and a Slucky Revibe (which is very well documented here: Slucky revibe)

I've been thinking about a revibe build for a while but was put off by the complexity. It's a well documented build though and I've read so many build threads now that I think I'm cautiously confident, particularly if I go slow, re-read the threads, and ask lots of questions.

Vibrochamp also still in the works, but I need to figure out what I'm still missing for that one.

#001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16