Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Build #3 - ES-1GT

Some head stock work on this thing over the weekend. Went for the open book style. Hand drawn and then shaped by hand. Not perfect but neither am I

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAZrrePh.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	282.2 KB 
ID:	38421

Name:	gmGXfPBh.jpg 
Size:	353.7 KB 
ID:	38422

Name:	fQS6Opph.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	346.8 KB 
ID:	38423

Name:	84Xd3fRh.jpg 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	38424

Looks good Glen.
    I like that it hints towards traditional, but not an exact copy of a Gibson open book.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

3. Liked by: OliSam

Very nice! Looks like an old fashioned center part haircut. I am really impressed by how nicely symmetrical you got it with hand tools.

Thanks both

Haha yes - I was thinking the same thing. Getting flashbacks to year 8.

Hi Glen, I have just about finished my ES-1. Had a few problems with my kit. It has a small ding in the body don't know if it was done by the sander when they were finishing it but it went through the veneer. Managed to hide it a tad when I stained it. The heel on the neck was hit by a sander and carved out the tongue in one place. Had a chip out of the body where the neck fits. And about 6 glue spots that I didn't discover until I started staining it. It was that hot here when I wiped the body over with metho it didn't have time to show the glue up.
    Other then that its a great kit. It was my first kit out of 3 so far that the bridge holes in the body actually fitted the bridge...winning there..
    Check the intonation. You might have to grind out the back of the front pick up pocket to move the PU back so you can get the 314mm. I went with a Gotoh bridge and reversed it (screws facing headstock) so I could get the saddle forward as far as I could. Even the saddle that came with the kit was out about 3mm and it has the 3 high string saddles facing the head stock.
    Enjoy mate. It's a fun kit...especially when it comes to wiring. Could had been easier if I didn't go with 2 push pull pots as well..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3