Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Artist Oil Paints For Staining. Question Re: turps

Thanks for the pics Rod, they all look really good. So did you get those colours with oil paints and tru oil?
    Correction to my earlier post, other light oil paints apart from white often have Safflower oil as the carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by markkrom View Post
    Thanks for the pics Rod, they all look really good. So did you get those colours with oil paints and tru oil?
    Correction to my earlier post, other light oil paints apart from white often have Safflower oil as the carrier.
    Oil paints, boiled linseed oil and turps. Once I finished it with tru oil it added a warmer hue to the blue which I was looking for.

Thanks for the information Rod, I will definitely be experimenting with oil paints on wood at some point. The standard practice with traditional oil painting that I'm used to is to seal the surface to be painted to stop the oil leaching out of the pigment. It's interesting you did different colours for the backs and tops. The grains came out really well. You can also get low odour turpentine these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3