Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New amp day - Sunn T50C

Yeah, the voltages terrify me to be honest, and I always thought I would just leave amps alone in my DIY adventures.

But then over the last year or so I've been talking to a few Electrical Engineers at the Uni and a local amp tech, and they've been really supportive of giving it a crack, and have offered lots of safety advice.

I'd also been doing a lot of reading just out of interest, and realised that while it IS still scary, at least now I can read a schematic and have a much better idea of what all the parts in the amp actually do. When I started soldering a year or two ago I was totally lost in the wild, and a fuzz circuit was totally beyond me. An amp would have killed me for sure.

I've started ordering parts for a 5E3 build, so once it all starts arriving I'll start a build diary here and we will see how it goes!
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

2. Liked by: dave.king1

That's one I will follow with interest ;-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Nice score, I'm going to be buying a Peavey 410TX 4X10 Bass speaker cab off a friend of mine, I'm going to be fixing it so I can use it as part of a Bass rig with my Fender Super Twin amp, it just needs a set of 4 10 inch speakers rated to handle a maximum of 700 Watts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2