Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jma 1 bridge posts

It's held up fine, but it's hardly been played hard or ill used. Come back and ask me in ten years [grin]. If you do go down that route I melted candlewax into the threads and screwed the posts in so there was no possible way epoxy could impinge on the threads. That also means you can put the bridge in place while it's curing to ensure accurate spacing.

Are you aware of parcel tape? Very little and certainly not epoxy sticks to brown mylar parcel tape, so you can use it to ensure epoxy doesn't get on the main body. I might be inclined to stick the parcel tape onto masking tape though to minimise tape residue.
    Build #1, failed solid body 6 string using neck from a scrapped acoustic (45+ odd years ago as a teenager!)
    Build #2, ugly parlour semi with scratch built body and ex Peavey neck
    Build #3, Appalachian Dulcimer from EMS kit
    Build #4, pre-owned PB ESB-4
    Build #5, Lockdown Mandolin
    Build #6, Sixty six body for Squier
    Build #7, Mini Midi Bass

2. Liked by: Rabbit

I had the same problem with a EXA-1. Different style but the exact same thing. We thought it was the inserts measuring the wrong size. Had a new set sent out but the same problem. Chose 4 of the largest sized I measured up but still way to loose. By this time I had the body stained.
    I ended up doing what I've done to 3 other older guitars and glued them in using newspaper. Instead of wrapping the newspaper around the insert I glued inside the whole with titebond and had a pre cut to size piece of newspaper ready to go. Placed the newspaper in the hole and pushed it out with the end of the small paint brush. Put some glue on the insert and tapped it in. Not a ideal thing to do to a new build but the substain and tone isn't any lesser to my other guitars and from previous experience I know it won't move over time.
    I have used Knead It as well. Placed it in the whole evenly let it cure and re-drilled. That worked too..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2