Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Dora the EX-4plora

Quote Originally Posted by nitroburner1000 View Post
    Mate that was an awesome journey. I felt your pain, that delamination and headstock problem has happened to me. You recovered gracefully. Thanks for the detail with all the lumps and bumps.
    I kinda figured I should not pretend that everything was strait forward. I hoped that anyone taking the time to read my posts will learn from my mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by wazkelly View Post
    That turned out looking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappa View Post
    She looks wicked! Congratulations!
    Thanx guys I think it's turned out ok.Custom paint can sometimes be troublesome. I just wish I could have finished in Automotive 2k, but my neighbours would not be happy.

I was lucky that Pit Bull had decent pics of a head stock that I could turn into a vector file and upscale it to full size and reverse. Once I get trained and assessed on the small CNC router at the shed, I'll be able to use similar files to do inlays.

That is a cool guitar. Great work.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Thumbs Up

Hey rabbit, I知 just wondering how that strap button (at the neck) is working for you in that position?
    I知 debating whether I put it where you did or if I put it where the neck plate is (like the Gibson version).

Absolutely love how your bass looks by the way.
    Last edited by Fuzzyworbols; 11-06-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyworbols View Post
    Hey rabbit, I知 just wondering how that strap button (at the neck) is working for you in that position?
    I知 debating whether I put it where you did or if I put it where the neck plate is (like the Gibson version).

Absolutely love how your bass looks by the way.
    Thanx! It turned out well and the headstock mod hasn't come off and hit me in the face . As for the strap position, in common with the T-Bird, the geometry lends it to neck dive. I suspect the neck plate position would still have this issue. For me it isn't much of an issue as I tend to play between the two pickups with my forearm resting on the upper rear horn. With my violin bass which has the front strap on the neck heel, it wants to rotate away from me, and I had to fit strap locks to keep it from coming off.

Yeah I assumed as much, glad it worked out well for you in the end.
    I値l start my paint job on mine this weekend.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6