Hi all

I hadn't intended to do a second build, The Hoff was just meant to be a cheap way to end up with a violin bass sound, but I got sucked in when looking at the basses on the web page. After waiting 2 weeks with no reply to my phone message, and another two week wait with no reply to the e-mail left on the address listed on the Custom page (how does anyone here manage to actually get a quote and order a custom? ), I went ahead and back ordered a standard kit, I'll just have to go to the extra work and possible expense of customising it myself . I'm guessing it should show up in a few weeks.

Most of the mods are just replacing hardware, there is one that requires some actual woodwork. I know that some people adore the hockey stick headstock, but I'm not one of them. It has to go! I'm planning on doing a reverse headstock. When I were a lad, I could have sworn the shape I wanted I had seen on an Ibanez guitar, but after looking at dozens of headstocks, I couldn't find it. I did find pretty much what I was after on a 6 string Solar guitar with an Explorer type body. I have already traced that into Inkscape, ready to scale to match the bass headstock when the kit shows up.

I know that Pit Bull have to ship some of their necks with blank headstocks due to copyright/patent issues, but is there an issue with the end user doing a duplicate of another manufacturer's headstock, or does it still need to be modified slightly?

Any Ideas?