Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mmmmm....WOOD!

At the end of the day , it's *your* instrument, and it can be whatever the **** shape you want! If you *realy* want a strat, go for it. If you want to turn it into a space ship, that's kewl too. If you really wanna give it the dirty hillbilly swamp treatment, just sand it and leave it as the block it is .

My issue with an original design, simply put is designing it.

I have done a couple of original designs that end up looking very Strat or Ibanez RG.
    You just make what you want to make.

I agree. I've seen some "original" designs that only succeeded in being contrived and trying too hard to be different.
    There's a reason Fender is still making strats & teles after more than 60 years.

I look forward to seeing whatever you build FW. You got mad skills bro!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Noice! Kinda reminds me of New Guinea Rosewood.

@Rabbit - is that the strip canoe you mentioned building in another thread? That's beautiful! I haven't seen many proper canoes in Australia, and that one's an exceptional example. Nice work.

Sorry for the detour FW...

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    @Rabbit - is that the strip canoe you mentioned building in another thread? That's beautiful! I haven't seen many proper canoes in Australia, and that one's an exceptional example. Nice work.

Sorry for the detour FW...
    Well if you blokes don’t hijack it it just means that I have to and I’m already so very busy

That’s said it really is a beautiful canoe. Another project I would gladly have a crack at given money time space etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    I've seen some "original" designs that only succeeded in being contrived and trying too hard to be different.
    It's true that it is pretty difficult to come up with something that doesn't look weird.

Do what ever you like Frankie, was just a suggestion cause I like seeing different stuff. If we all liked the same sort of guitars things would be pretty boring.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Apologies FrankenWashie ,briefly off topic....

Yes it. I can post some pics in PM if you want, with a run down of the timber list

Yes it. I can post some pics in PM if you want, with a run down of the timber list
    Yeah, shoot 'em through. I'll never build one, but I was an avid paddler once upon a time. Shoulders are rooted now...
    Used to paddle in a strip canoe my mate built. Went through some pretty good white water with it!

Cheers,
    Mick

OKAY - END OF HIJACK!!!

The thread heading is Mmmm WOOD. I feel a strip canoe is admissible, just don’t drift of into talk of fibreglass and resins M’kay!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    The thread heading is Mmmm WOOD. I feel a strip canoe is admissible, just don’t drift of into talk of fibreglass and resins M’kay!?
    Butbut......<whine> then we can't talk about 6oz glass vs 4oz glass, or discuss the finer points of polyester vs epoxy.....

That is a lovely piece of wood and imho telecasters always look good in natural, that would sand and oil up a treat. Love your existing TL, nice wood not spoiled by a scratch plate. Anyway, I always thought LP’s Explorers and Strats were the dark side, I suppose we all have our favourites and dislikes, a pal of mine loves the sound and playability of my Flying V but said he wouldn’t have it if I paid him to, him a confirmed Strat only man.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast