Thread: Greetings from Chicago!

Greetings from Chicago!

Hey everyone!

First time builder, long time tinkerer. I had a short stint in guitar building when I attempted to refinish a squier affinity Strat in my teens, didn't go very well haha. A story for another time...

I've spent a good deal of my quarantine time learning how to make minor guitar repairs and building/finishing speaker cabinets, various pieces of furniture, etc... I figured it's time to jump into guitar building to help ease some of the G.A.S. I've been getting these days (I only bought 4 guitars last month .). I was thinking of doing a tele to start because I don't currently have one, but the RD-1 kit seemed to call out to me. I've always dreamed of having an RD, but Gibby reissues don't seem to go for any lower than $2500 these days.

Anywho, I just got my RD-1 kit in the mail today and I'm pretty psyched to keep a build diary and be a part of the community. The active community and wealth of information on here is part of what encouraged me go with pitbull to begin with!

2. Liked by: PJSprog

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Welcome aboard!
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Being trapped in my basement got me inspired to start building kits too. I've done two and am already on my third.

Welcome fellow Illinoisan.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM