Thread: Frankenstrat kits?

Frankenstrat kits?

A HSS route ST body and a maple neck would be great. Frankentrats are the essence of kit/ self assembly and probably would sell really well.

Maybe routed for a Floyd would also be great.

Wouldn't that just be the STAF-1? Or would you want a true HSS? Most companies (kit and even Fender) I've seen do a HSH route to allow more flexibility.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Yeah I reckon you could spec it out from what available in the shop for sure.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Hi,
    the STAF1 is HSH and no maple neck. I have trawled through the shop and the only way i would get close is by re routing for a humbucker in the bridge as well as further routing to fit a floyd. Sounds very messy and could be quite difficult to ensure enough wood is left.

Frankentrats are very specific in the pickup routing as most of the pick guard is cut away.

I dont think they would keep up with stock if they got them, given they ship world wide, and i think these would be very popular given the recent passing of EVH....

Assuming you're doing a 1:1 with the original you could do it pretty easily with a custom order on the STAF-1. Just ask for the maple fretboard and a single coil neck route instead of the humbucker route. No matter what you would end up needing to route out a bigger bridge pickup cavity, I can't imagine the factory doing that even if PBG offered otherwise 1:1 kits.
    Last edited by Chaosblade; 23-10-2020 at 03:13 AM.
    1. GS-2Q
    2. EXM-1 custom
    3. GMS-7F