Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hi - Dave From South West Victoria - Australia

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Good stuff Sarg.

You mentioned the action is a bit high. Do you have any downward adjustment in the saddles left?

If so, I would do that first, then adjust the pickup height based on the final string action. If the saddles are as low as they can go and the string action is still too high, you will need to shim the neck and adjust the saddles accordingly.

I had to shim the neck pocket in my TLA-1 to get the action where I wanted it. However, when I changed the bridge to a 6-saddle hardtail, I didn't need the shim anymore. Not a big deal, and not that uncommon.
    I can report that this issue of output has been resolved. It is my opinion the both the positioning of the pickups and replacing the strings contributed to the fix. I can also say that it is important to apply the string trees on the headstock as well. As I have been trying to lower the action the b & E strings and they where buzzing when ever I got near to better, so I was lifting the action again until I decided to put the trees on. This stopped the buzzing and the need to adjust back out or upward with the bridge. So Thanks Simon and McCreed.

Glad you got a result you're happy with!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2