Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: .....and thankfully I was wearing earplugs......

I haven't used the XLR out for recording on the TM yet.
    I've had a massive crash and data loss recently and just now getting sorted with a new install of Reaper and all my plugins.

I was literally planning to have a play with that just before the crash! Hope to get something happening there soon.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

You'll need the Deluxe Reverb version to make a matching pair and for when you want something similar sounding but smaller.

@ Andy40 Hey Andy, nice score mate, I've heard lots of great things about those Fender Twin Tonemaster amps, you get the Fender Twin sound without the back-breaking weight, I remember doing some servicing-work on a Fender Twin Reverb amp a few years ago, think it was a blackface, and yes those amps are heavy, maybe roughly as heavy as my Fender Super Twin amp, I'm going to be buying myself a brand-new 1 X 12 100 Watt Boss Katana Mk II amp soon so I have something I can easily tote to live jams, sure I have my Marshall MA100C amp, but I put my back out last time I took it to a live jam last week, I saw the light after I got my gear back home.

I used to own a 2 X 12 solid state Fender Stage Lead II amp before I moved to Darwin, wish I still had it.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 10-10-2020 at 07:21 PM.

I'm going to be buying myself a brand-new 1 X 12 100 Watt Boss Katana Mk II amp soon so I have something I can easily tote to live jams...
    If you're only doing home playing/recording and local jams, I would think the 50w would be plenty.
    The 100 does have a couple minor extras, but the 50 is much more backseat and back friendly. 50w is still ridiculously loud and plenty of headroom.

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    If you're only doing home playing/recording and local jams, I would think the 50w would be plenty.
    The 100 does have a couple minor extras, but the 50 is much more backseat and back friendly. 50w is still ridiculously loud and plenty of headroom.

I want to get the 100 Watt Boss Katana cause, firstly I can always switch it to 50 Watt mode on the power switch, secondly the 100 Watt Mk II comes with extra preset slots for FX, thirdly it also features an external FX loop.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Ahhh, that all makes sense.

I have a Fender Mustang III V2. It doesn't have quite as many features as the new Mustang GT line but it's arguably better sounding. This could partly be due to it having a single Celestion 12" amp speaker as opposed to the more full-range hifi speaker used in the GT-100 (from what I've read).
    The Twin Reverb '65 preset is probably the one I use the most. Not sure exactly how close it is to a "real" amp but sounds pretty nice to my ears none the less. I'd certainly be tempted to pick up the Twin Reverb Tone Master if I saw one for a good price. At the moment I'm pretty content though and I do use some of the added features over a normal amp like built in pedals, noise gate, and usb sound device (to allow direct recording on a computer). It even sounds quite nice in it's own right with the modelling turned off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2