Thread: AG-1 neck scale

AG-1 neck scale

Hello,

Does anyone know what the scale is for the AG-1 kit neck? I'm thinking it's 24.5"?

I messed up a fret replacement (I wanted bigger) and am considering replacing the fretboard as it chipped horribly. Considering a stewmac fret scale template or something similar. Any recommendations?

Those would be 24.75" scale, as they are modelled after a particular branded "SG" guitar.

If you've never done a full fretboard replacement, it would probably be cheaper (certainly easier) to just buy a replacement neck.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Thanks McCreed, I was close...

I have never done a replacement before but it definitely won't be my last. I already have a fret saw on it's way so I'd still like to go through with it

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    For the fretboards I've made, I drew up the layout in illustrator and had it printed at 1:1 at officeworks. Then I just glue it to the blank and saw away. Works really well and is cheeeep.

I've pulled a couple of fretboards now and it's not rocket science, just a sharp wedge, lots of steam and patience.

Here's one I documented on here:

https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...?t=9146&page=3
    Last edited by Sonic Mountain; 06-10-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

That's not such a bad idea SonicMountain...

Do you just find the exact measurements online and transfer them into illustrator?

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Yeah, Stewmac has a calculator on their site. So you just punch in the number of frets and scale length and it gives you the distance from the nut for each one to 3 decimal places of a mm. Conveniently, Illustrator works to 3 decimal places as well. So I just use the rectangle tool, make them all 60mm wide and then one box of each height. Centre and top align and bingo. I haven't done a G one yet, but I have fender to 24 frets if you want the file? Even just to have a look at how I've put it together? If you PM me your email I'll send it thru.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Thanks, I've PM'd