Thread: Greetings

Greetings

Hi all. New to the forum, and finding it a bit confusing trying to hunt down the info to fill in the rather large gaps left upon arrival of my kit. This will be my first instrument kit, an HB-4S violin bass. The build to follow in the diary thread

Hi and welcome.

It can be confusing and the forum search engine is pretty poor, which doesn’t help.

So best to start your build diary and ask away.

Yep, ask plenty of questions. You can tell how knowledgeable the responder is by the number of builds in their forum lower banner/signature line. Don't listen to anything I say because not only do I not have a lower banner, I don't even know what the proper name is for the lower banner!

Seriously though, you will work out pretty quickly who the regular contributors are and what they are good at. Simon B (above) is very knowledgeable, more than his 4 builds would suggest. Phrozin is the guru on paint. They will also point you to previous discussions.

What are some of the gaps you mention in your post?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwubyd View Post
    What are some of the gaps you mention in your post?
    I plan to address that in my diary posts . I'm hoping it can be a platform to clarify things for others starting their build for this particular model .

Talk about confusing.

We have Rabbit, Rabbitz and all we need now is RabbitLeader and we'll be off into the wild blue yonder to give Jerry a right spanking, eh what?
    Col.

I admit that I am an agent of Satan, however, my duties are largely ceremonial.

\m/

I was almost WonkyWabbit on here, a name I used on another forum for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I was almost WonkyWabbit on here, a name I used on another forum for a while.
    I can almost hear you saying that aloud in a Pommy accent, ey?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    It can be confusing and the forum search engine is pretty poor, which doesn’t help.

So best to start your build diary and ask away.
    Totally agree about asking in the diary...or elsewhere on the forum if you don't get a quick response.

That said, one search trick that sometimes works is to use the google "site" command address line:

"search term" site:buildyourownguitar.com.au

May only work with Chrome. It's helped me find a difficult to find thread a number of times.