Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Multiscale kits

Having never played a multi-scale I have to ask what is jarring about where the parallel fret is? Is it an issue with the fret angle in the upper or lower registers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Having never played a multi-scale I have to ask what is jarring about where the parallel fret is? Is it an issue with the fret angle in the upper or lower registers?
    It determines the angle of the frets down the fretboard. It can be anywhere, but the closer to either end it is, the more extreme the fanning will be on the opposite end. Around the 9th fret will give a fairly even fan across both ends of the fretboard. I think most manufacturers go with something like that, but I know Ibanez uses the 12th fret which results in the fan skewing toward lower frets.
    1. GS-2Q
    2. EXM-1 custom
    3. GMS-7F

I was wondering about the neck rest design.
    Do you guys think it can be carved in a more aesthetic and ergonomic shape?

If you are talking about the neck heel and join area, then you can normally do something. There seems to be quite a large glue area for the neck, so you could certainly thin the heel down a bit. At least twice as large as on an SG or an ES-1kit and their necks are fine. Just remember that the neck is a bit longer than normal, so you don’t want to reduce it too much for too long around the neck join, or it could become rather flexible. There is already a bit of a cutaway on the treble side of the heel, but I should think you could improve on that a bit and modify the neck itself to match it. Sometimes you don’t need much removed to make upper fret access a lot easier.

Probably best done once the neck is glued on, so you can immediately see how it feels in your hand every time you remove some wood.

Yes that's absolutely what I was talking about.
    I didn't thought about flexibility.

Just got mine in and trying to upgrade the pickups for it, the stock pickups have a 16 degree angle on them, but the mounting feet are not centered on the pickups and the routing, also the cavity is rounded. its pretty much impossible to just buy pickups to fit as a replacement.

so after speaking to bareknuckle you have to select their custom baseplate at 16 degrees, and ask for the corners rounded off. Then you will have to make the mounting cavities centred. a bit of work involved.

I guess you could use the baseplate provided in the stock pickups and take apart and remount regular pickups, but thats a bit more involved than i'm prepared to do, i guess i would rather just route out the guitar a bit instead.

All in all this guitar is really well made, very impressed with the quality overall

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3