Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The pause of building shall begin.

The pause of building shall begin.

I have made over 50 guitars now....mostly with PBG kits...and I have 36 in my possession.

So as I refinish, adjust and make super playable the ones in my possession it seems redundant to be building new ones.

So, at 57 years of age, having first touched a musical instrument at 50, I am going to pause the building and try to learn to play better.

I have some nice Basses that I play on a daily basis. But my 6 string electric choices have been limited.

I saw the YouTube videos, reviews, online reports and ratings of this guitar....and have ordered one with the Tweed Hard Case option....which is sold out at this time.

https://www.artistguitars.com.au/buy...r-pickup/70365

This will make 37 in my possession, plus 1 ukulele, 1 acoustic guitar and an old Yamaha keyboard.

Has anybody had any experience or exposure to this particular guitar? I was happy to pay the $358-00 including the hard case and shipping for this guitar. A good Squier was to cost me up to $1000-00 and I have to find it and go and get it.

I enjoy the calm from sanding, finishing, wiring and setting up my builds....but I think I had better learn to at least play a 6 string.

This current load will ship on 18 October 2020, currently, already changed from 4 October 2020. I will take some photos upon arrival, and post to show what you get.
    Runner Up G.O.T.M. November 2020. Custom SHB-4

Runner Up G.O.T.M. December 2018. MMB-5

Winner G.O.T.M. March 2018. JBA-4

Runner Up G.O.T.M. December 2017. BG-46

Looks like it's a lot of guitar for the money. Let's hope it feels, plays and sounds as good as it looks.

No harm in taking a break. You often come back feeling refreshed and your brain has had time to assimilate and sort all the knowledge you've picked up.

And good luck with the guitar learning.

Hey ozzbike. A timely thread. As I too am not doing any new builds. (I can't remember if I already posted this topic, but anyway...)

I have one strat that I'm finishing up now (literally). Just need to string it and set it up, and I'm done.
    I only have 12 or 13, of which I have built 7 or 8, but I just don't need any more. Like you, there are a few in the group that could use a bit of revision, so I plan on doing some re-builds, but that's all. I haven't said I'll never build another, but my intention is a significant break.
    I've done all those builds in the last 4 years or so.

Another parallel to our stories is I was also a late bloomer with guitar so to speak. I have owned guitars on & off for nearly 40 years but only got serious about becoming a "guitar player" 13 years ago. However I was a lead singer and blues harp player since my early musical days from age 19.

As for Artist Guitars, they're a great company. I have bought a fair amount of pedals and accessories from them over the past 8 years.
    Their product line is always expanding and their prices are very reasonable. I don't have first hand experience with their guitars but have an online acquaintance that bought the "Grungemaster" (Mustang-ish copy) and he said it was very quality for the money. Even the stock P-90's he said sounded great. Based on our conversations, I'd trust his judgement.
    I can say their hard cases are good bang-for-the-buck. I own several.
    Look forward to seeing your TC-59 when you get it!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

G'day Ozzie, I own a Grungemaster which is awesome bang for the bucks and also have an older P Bass that was de-fretted to become a homemade fretless conversion.

Standard pickups sound great, build quality is really good at this price point, and with some of the later additions to their catalogue the added standard kit such as locking tuners on the Tele is insane value for money, not to mention how killer those Bullbuckers sound. They would definitely be first on my list of Humbuckers for any future builds or swap outs.

Artist have really come a long way over past 5 years or so and would not hesitate in purchasing most things from them. In fact, almost bought a set of their electronic drum kits for one of my Sons last year but it was too hard to coordinate with me & the missus going on an overseas trip at the same time. They have lots of specials on name brand strings & accessories too, and also come with free postage. Their free returns for 100 days policy plus 3 years warranty is unbelievable but just shows how much they are prepared to back their product.

I am sure you will find the Tele to be almost as good as some of your Yamaha's, if not on par or slightly better. They really are that good.

Cheers, Waz
    # 1 - EX-5 https://goo.gl/fQJMqh
    # 2 - EX-1 https://goo.gl/KSY9W9
    # 3 - Non PBG Tele https://goo.gl/W14G5g
    # 4 - Non PBG J Bass https://goo.gl/FbBaFy
    # 5 - TL-1AR GOTM Aug 2017 https://goo.gl/sUh14s
    # 6 - MMB-4 Runner-up GOTM Oct 2018https://goo.gl/gvrPkp
    # 7 - ES-1 Runner-up GOTM Aug 2018https://goo.gl/T9BEY8

Holy cow! 50?
    I've only done a mere 4.
    I'd never even consider shelling out for a pre-built guitar again.

I guess it takes all sorts.

cheers, Mark.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kc tele.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	847.5 KB 
ID:	37497

I bought the TC-59 with the hard case. I really haven't played it a lot, as it's been sitting next to my desk, and turns out I don't have as much downtime during the work day to pick it up as I want to.

It is as good as the reviews say, and also as heavy as the reviews say. Really heavy. I do wonder if thick gloss finish affects the resonance, but I haven't scientifically assessed that yet. I've only played it through my AC4TV a couple of times.

All in all, definitely worth the small outlay.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Now shipping on 22 October 2020.

I feel like a kid at xmas.....ooooh....new guitar....oooh.

If it gets held up and arrives on 24th December, you could well be that Christmas kid!

I received my TC59 last month, it is heavy as described, but I found it enjoyable to play straight out of the box, and I like the tones it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    I received my TC59 last month, it is heavy as described, but I found it enjoyable to play straight out of the box, and I like the tones it gets.
    Thanks...that is exactly what I am hearing all over....heavy but an amazing sound. Ooh kid at Christmas here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast