Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: River guitar - Scratch build

Thanks Guys!
    It was a challenging build, not least because I was using materials new to me.
    The photos have not come out too well. It is actually polished to within an inch of its life! I will try and take a couple of beauty shots tomorrow if the sun comes out.
    @McCreed. I know you can buy bridges similar to mine but they are mostly too short and would not fully span the river.

Cheers
    Ricky

Those Warmans are based on the Kent Armstrong M-bucker (M for 'Mother') pickup that in turn was originally built as a custom order for my mate Max when he was working for Fender UK. KA then developed it into a production pickup. I've just taken out an M Bucker Hot from my RG ready to give back to Max as he likes them and I'm not that keen. This KA has a 28k DCR and my LCR meter measures 18.5H, so it sounds like the Warmans have a few more turns. A lot of the high DCR of this type of pickup will be down to the thin wire used to get enough turns on in a small physical space. The current KA M-buckers have 2 x 4 wire outputs so you can select individual coils within the 4 if you wish (rather OTT IMO).

I much prefer the sound with the who pairs of coils wired in parallel rather than fully in series. Still lots of output but far less dull than the all in series option.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3