Thread: First build GPB-4

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First build GPB-4

I meant to do this real-time while building but that didn't happen so playing a little catch up now.

After quite a bit of research I chose PitBull because of this community. I figured any kit brand with this kind of community around it had to be decent quality and the product I received did not disappoint. The ash body particularly was absolutely beautiful and begged for a finish that would show off the grain. PB accidentally shipped me 2 kits and when the second one arrived a few days later that one was equally beautiful. We struck a deal for the second kit so at some point soon i'll be building another one.

The fretboard was not the highest quality maple but completely acceptable and met my expectations for the price point. the hardware.....heck, i've never been that impressed by fender hardware to begin with. i can't say i see much difference between the kit hardware and that on my Fender Mexican Jazz Bass so very happy there too.

starting with the neck, a jigsaw and sanding drum in a drill press made quick time of the headstock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200215_211632130-small.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	37431