Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: EXA-1 Post Inserts Loose

There is that big imperial/metric divide on the hardware and sizing that everyone needs to be aware of if replacing equipment. It’s not something that a lot of sales sites make much of. Gotoh normally offer both options for their TOM style bridges.

So pleased I asked the question Simon! I had no idea there are 2 sizes. The Gotoh bridge I have has 74mm centres and the hole diameter is the same. But the post inserts are the small ones like what came in this kit.
    I did see online the metric inserts have a diameter of 11.3mm.
    I’ll definitely get a cheap set of verniers tomorrow. See a metric digital read out set here for $20.

I’ll definitely get a cheap set of verniers tomorrow. See a metric digital read out set here for $20.
    You can spend a little more at Supercheap Auto ($44.99) or Jaycar ($39.95) and get a pretty decent pair.
    Of course you can spend even more, but I have the SCA ones and I've checked them with feeler gauges and they're spot on. I use them all the time for guitar and non-guitar stuff. They're just a really handy item to have.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    You can spend a little more at Supercheap Auto ($44.99) or Jaycar ($39.95) and get a pretty decent pair.
    Of course you can spend even more, but I have the SCA ones and I've checked them with feeler gauges and they're spot on. I use them all the time for guitar and non-guitar stuff. They're just a really handy item to have.
    Thanks McCreed. I’ll check them out for sure.👍 The $20 ones are at Bunnings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2