Thread: Wiring diagram FV-1

Wiring diagram FV-1

I seem to not be able to find the wiring diagram for the fv1 and I'm having issues knowing where everything goes

Here's a Seymour Duncan wiring diagram for the 2 humbucker, two volume and 1 tone that a standard V has.

The main differences is the style of 3-way toggle switch (but the output is still in the middle).

I don't know what pickup wiring the kit has. If they are single conductor + braid screen, then the braid goes to the back of the appropriate volume pot and the conductor to the appropriate volume pot lug.

If 4-wire + braid, then the wrapped wire + braid goes to the back of the volume pot, the single wire to the volume pot lug and the other two wires soldered together should have the ends insulated and not used.

Hopefully the kit should come with 2 x A500 pots and 1 x B500 pot. The A500 are audio taper pots and should be used for the volume controls and the B500 for tone (linear taper). If they are all A500 then that's fine as tone can be audio or linear taper. If different, then please let us know.

I built one of these kits and here is the wiring diagram I used. It's actually 2 tone pots and one volume pot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ezgif-6-76a77caffca4.gif 
Views:	240 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	37299