Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Harley Benton Jazz Bass kit build

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Well there's your problem! Single layer shielding stopped being effective some time ago. You need to use metallic paint. The overlapping layers of aluminium flake deflect the mind control rays and scatter the widget fandoogle sargogs <headnoiddle>.
    As an alternative, he could also try tweaking the relative phase-angles of the orthogonal hex-oscillator transreductors, then feed a known 64-digit polynomial binary-code into the resulting anti-dimensional-to-dimensional converter-stabilizer interface-vector....that has been known to work rather well....occasionally.

He may also want to construct an optional anti-zargot module that he can use to filter-out the residual skraann-distortion harmonics that may be present in the anti-dimensional-to-dimensional converter-stabilizer interface-vector, to improve accuracy-tolerances.

*Pauses*......*Thinks really hard while scratching-head*....um....er....eh...ahhhh......exactly what did I just say?.....I dunno.....
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 03-09-2021 at 01:20 AM.

Sorry I was so long. There was a queue for the probing.

Actually there were two queues and I got in the slow one.

Well the last few posts should have at least distracted you from the frustration of the pear-shared paint job!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Sorry I was so long. There was a queue for the probing.

Actually there were two queues and I got in the slow one.
    The Government recommends booking your alien probe ahead of time to reduce waiting times.

The courier delivered the paint nice and early today - to the wrong house. Luckily I saw the van and knew roughly where he'd left it, so I wandered out in that general direction and a neighbour came to the door with my parcel. But how can you mistake an No. 8 with a No.4? 8 and 3 maybe, but not 4.

A decent warm day, slight could cover and not too windy. First coat went on at 9.54am with no wind around at all. Now for another cup of tea and some breakfast. Hopefully today should be a good day.

Ya!. Four coats in total applied and all went on without a hitch. Now it's just the waiting and then in two weeks time, the mad rush to sand and polish and then finish it all and get it out the door.

I'll be making another scratchplate, starting with the control plate cut-out angle this time, and then cutting the rest of the template to suit. Trying to make the angled notch just right when the rest of the plate was already cut was very unlikely to work properly.

Must be something in the air in Lower Earley as the Jazz Bass body has suffered another setback.

I was doing an initial sanding down of Fridays paint when I noticed two small black spots of something on the belly cut area.

Wet sanding, I though it was fine, but when dried:

Now if this was a 'Strata-caster' it would be appropriate(see what I did there?), but being a Jazz Bass and having sanded through the new top coats and the lighter layer, it's going to need more spraying. A good thing it's a warm, still, sunny day and I didn't wait a full two weeks before a first sand.

But still 'Grrrrrr'.

I guess it was _literally_ something in the air.

You have the patience of a saint. Either that, or you effectively edit out the expletives before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by jonwhitear View Post
    I guess it was _literally_ something in the air.

You have the patience of a saint. Either that, or you effectively edit out the expletives before posting.
    The alien probing keeps him passive ......

Aaah Biscuits!

I'm guessing you just put down the sandpaper and walked away... I know I wouldn't be able to look at it again for at least half an hour.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast