Thread: My IB4 kit

My IB4 kit

Today I received my custom IB4 bass kit, ordered as mahogany body, maple neck with ebony fretboard and Tony Iommi cross inlays.

I did order Grover mini bass machine heads and a Babicz FCH string thru bridge as well but they did not show up in the package, but I have emailed Pitbull guitars and hopefully it gets sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphaltwings View Post
    Today I received my custom IB4 bass kit, ordered as mahogany body, maple neck with ebony fretboard and Tony Iommi cross inlays.

I did order Grover mini bass machine heads and a Babicz FCH string thru bridge as well but they did not show up in the package, but I have emailed Pitbull guitars and hopefully it gets sorted out.

They are really good with the missing stuff mate...express post to you asap.

I have to say I like that neck.....nice starting point.
    Runner Up G.O.T.M. November 2020. Custom SHB-4

Runner Up G.O.T.M. December 2018. MMB-5

Winner G.O.T.M. March 2018. JBA-4

Runner Up G.O.T.M. December 2017. BG-46

Nice.

I can’t help but think though that the body looks very light in colour for mahogany, though it may just be the photo that does that.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzbike View Post
    They are really good with the missing stuff mate...express post to you asap.

I have to say I like that neck.....nice starting point.
    Thanks, I thought the neck looked very nice myself, i'm torn between painting it a flat colour like the body (the front of the body at least) or staining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Nice.

I can’t help but think though that the body looks very light in colour for mahogany, though it may just be the photo that does that.
    It does look pretty light in the photo but I think that's the lighting, it does give off that distinct reddish colour of mahogany when you look in person.

Nice kit, i am looking forward to seeing it progress. Pitbull were great to deal with when i had a couple of issues.

Watching. ...
    Cliff

Update: The bridge and machine heads are on back order and a few weeks away, so i will be spending my time sanding and figuring out exactly how i want to finish this guitar.