Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Great Guitar Build-off 2020

2. Liked by: kuanjb

Quote Originally Posted by king casey View Post
    Ahhhh.... Texas Toast. That explains a lot. They are the only channel of the official competitors I am not subscribed to. I find them loud and obnoxious. I just don't enjoy watching their videos and don't like the style of guitars they make. Their neck for the build off is a perfect example. Yuck!

And the rules are for the official competitors not the unofficial competition (of which I've seen no rules other than the closing date). Plus the rule change makes perfect sense. Raising money for charities is far easier with a raffle than an online auction. There's no way I would have bid for any of the auctions but I'll happily buy some tickets for the raffles.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kuanjb View Post
    I just don't enjoy watching their videos and don't like the style of guitars they make.
    Well that makes 2 of us although I also avoid the obnoxious 'Dave's Fun Stuff'.

cheers, Mark.

I think part of the raffle vs charity auction has to do with the different local laws on what is and is not a charitable organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I think part of the raffle vs charity auction has to do with the different local laws on what is and is not a charitable organization.
    The explanation Ben gave made sense to me.

https://youtu.be/b5jUWotJNuQ

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Video 2 is uploaded.

Today I got the frets leveled and primed the body for paint. Earlier in the week I played around with a couple dye colors and think I figured out what I'm going to do with the flame top. I should have the body painted tomorrow and then the top done within a couple days.

I'l post the next video in 3-4 days I think.

I have started to edit video 3 while still working to finish the guitar. I am lacquering the neck and the body back and sides are painted. Next is applying dye to the top.

At this point I'm thinking it will be 5 - 6 short videos then I have to somehow combine them into a single video just in case I get chosen to be on Crimson's Youtube channel.

Great Guitar Build-off 2020 photo update

Here are a couple photos. I am working on video 3 now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200913_214626.jpeg 
Views:	143 
Size:	592.0 KB 
ID:	37363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200913_214647.jpeg 
Views:	150 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	37364  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast