Thread: So what's everybody working on?

So what's everybody working on?

Landscaping, video editing, and that bass I mentioned in a different thread.

Setting up/ cleaning up my workshop. Making a start in earnest on my pitbull kit. Finishing some motorbike projects to sell off to fund more guitar building

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Liked by: MusicStudent1

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Last month or so has been lots of work on the house and yard. Had the house painted and a new driveway put in. The knock on effect had me building new front stairs, paving a new clothesline area, landscaping and cleanup involving moving about 10 cubic metres of dirt by hand, establishing new vege garden plot and about a million other small jobs. I am sick of Toowoomba dirt being everywhere.

Also started tracking demos with my band and did a few odd guitars jobs here and there in amongst it all.

Just ordered a hollow body kit for a mate, I'm just planning to help him with it and let him do most of the monkey work.

Been a busy period.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Mine was 11 yards of dirt, 3 yards of mulch and 3 yards of river rock; all 1 wheelbarrow at a time. The dirt is just a huge volume but the rock is heavy.

I don't have any concrete work or anything like that, just a little bit of reseeding the grass.

Seems like all I do is mow grass anymore. We filled in half of our pond, and are converting part of our pasture into lawn, and now I have an additional acre-and-a-half to mow every week, bringing the mowing total to four acres. 42" zeroturn just isn't wide enough for all that anymore.

Still trying to source hardware for the 12/6 headless doubleneck. Found a guy interested in designing new headless 12-string hardware, just waiting for him to get around to it on his to-do list.

Looking at probably building an LP-style guitar. May have found a source to build a body and neck with black binding, so pursuing that right now.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM

In order to improve my mediocre bass playing skills, I decided to undertake a 100 day/ 100 hour practice challenge! (My next kit, a custom V bass should arrive at the end of this challenge.) It’s been about 3 weeks and so far I’ve logged 42 hrs and 40 minutes of intense practice/learning. (The goal is at least 1 hr per day so I’m ahead of schedule.)

No noodling, no playing old easy stuff counts - only serious discipline with exercises and a metronome and max effort to improve. My workbench is almost ready for the next build so while I wait for my kit to arrive, I’m hitting the bass instructional book, “Extreme Metal Bass”. I’m almost finished with the book but when I do, it’ll be repetition, repetition, repetition because the material is somewhat hard to play at full tempo.

Oh, and my Pit Bull EX-5 is what I’m playing throughout this quest! It’s starting to feel as comfortable as an old shoe!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	199CEBA6-138E-4CE7-895D-1C01C06BEA60.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	37026

8. Liked by: PJSprog