Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 3/4 ST-1JR First Build

It's hard, but best to just hang it up out the way so it's not tempting you.

I use nitro and even after hanging several of them for a month after the last coats of clear went on, went on, the last guitar I took down to polish and assemble polished up a lot better than the first one, benefiting from maybe an extra 3 weeks of drying and hardening. Probably worth revisiting in a year's time for one more final go!

Are you suggesting that having it hanging over my desk is not the ideal location??

All done with the little hardtail Strat! After waiting and waiting and waiting, I finally did the sand, buff and polish and it looks great. It is a bit nerve wracking taking to your masterpiece with sandpaper, but I love how it's turned out.

After assembling everything and having a quick play I very quickly realised that you can't get away without touching the nut. It was horrid! The nut got a few gentle taps from side to side and then I worked a millimetre or two off the bottom with the levelling beam until I was happy with the action (and tuning of fretted notes!)

The kids love it and they're playing rock stars with a little Squier 10A amp. Kit strings aren't my fav, so looking forward to switching them out, but it's nice to play on the short scale with less tension on the strings.

I'm onto my next project tearing down a 2009 MIM tele and rebuilding it, but here's a final pic of the blue lightning guitar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8051.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	345.7 KB 
ID:	38791

5. Liked by: Cliff Rogers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3