Thread: First Pit Bull build. HB-4S.

First Pit Bull build. HB-4S.

Hi everyone. Just picked up a bass guitar kit with a beautiful spalted top in it. Gong to start puting it together here this week. Been doing a lot of reading on here. Lots of good info. This is my third kit build. First Pitbull kit. First set neck too. Cheers from Twin Lakes, WI.

So, I'm looking to glue the neck, and I can slide it right up to the neck pickup hole, or keep it about .125" away from the pickup hole. Anyone have any advice about where to position the neck? Flush with the pickup hole, or away from it, or somewhere in between? Leave some room for the trim ring around the pickup? 🤔🤔🤔

It all comes down to scale length. The distance from the inside edge of the nut to the 12th fret should be the same as the distance from the 12th fret to the bridge. So, place your bridge and position the neck to ensure these measurements match. I've read different opinions regarding measuring to the middle of the bridge or to the beginning of the bridge to allow for relief. You then use the saddle adjustments for correct intonation. There'll be better comments from more knowledgeable people surely to follow this one.

Really best to start a build diary and post questions there. You’ll get more people seeing your posts, especially those who are building , or have built, the same kit.