Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bridge options for GS-2Q

I'll measure the travel on the roller bridge later, but no way that you can get more than 2-3 millimeters. So if he needs around 4.5 mm on the bridge, I think he's out of luck with the roller bridge.

But maybe a combination of the adapter and the roller bridge? Or dowel the bridge holes and then redrill for the smaller posts off center? Then add the roller bridge on top? In any way, dowelling would mean messing with the finish, so no idea if it is out of question already.
    I don't know what I'm doing but I hope I will end up with a guitar

Your other option is heat gun on the neck join - if you're careful you can loosen the neck to waggle it out.

I'd go hair dryer rather than heat gun. That will be hot enough. You can go too hot and you don't want to damage the finish or scorch the wood if you can help it.

Though what glue did you use to fit the neck? Titebond you can heat or steam apart, but some other types won't respond in the same way.

A gotoh bridge is a touch wider/ more travel on the bridge from memory than the ones that come in the kit and will fit on the posts (albeit a little snuggly). The bridge in your photo looks approx 10mm wide a gotoh103 is about 14mm and are around $48au
    Tony

So travel on the kit bridge is a tad under 9mm and the gotoh is just over 11mm maybe enough or maybe not
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0B28391A-74C1-4D36-8EC7-4CE1125572FC.jpeg 
Views:	139 
Size:	382.2 KB 
ID:	36814  
    Tony

That might get me close. Might have to check them out too. Thanks guys, you are all bloody legends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deusenberg also make a wraparound with the 74mm that looks like it could still use your tail piece and has the screw post adjustment to potentially push back slightly. I have one of these floating in my parts somewhere so can have a look and measure up tomorrow if of interest. Usually the kit post inserts are larger than a lot of the other brands but a lot of the time the height adjustment screws have the same thread and retrofit easily into the kit posts
    https://store.duesenberg.de/en/hardw...m-spacing?c=65
    Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2