Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hb-4s

Not much progress since the last update, but a few new changes. First is I got a new workbench for Christmas. Believe it or not, it's a major upgrade from my dining room table:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210101_215024268.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	38734

I also decided I didn't like the headstock in black, so I sanded everything off the front and used the same stain as the body, it fits the build so much better now. Because of that change, I also made a new truss rod cover. I didn't like the white pearloid as much on the amber stain, so I used a small piece of ebony and updated the shape:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201224_210057212_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	38735

I also finished my handmade pickup ring covers. No pictures right now as they're finishing, but even though they aren't perfect, I'm very happy with how they turned out. I also got some help from the graphic design team at work to help come up with a logo. I wanted to call this bass The Hof, but I believe another builder recently used the same name (great minds think alike!), and I didn't want to step on Hofner's toes. So I decided to make it a little more unique by mixing Hof and my username to make The c0f. It's still similar to the Hofner logo, but I'm very happy with it:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  9.3 KB

Once I can (finally) get the neck the right color, I will be doing the frets next and then get the body and neck glued.

I like the truss rod cover, and the logo.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Quote Originally Posted by c0ffinspire89 View Post
    I wanted to call this bass The Hof, but I believe another builder recently used the same name (great minds think alike!), and I didn't want to step on Hofner's toes. So I decided to make it a little more unique by mixing Hof and my username to make The c0f. It's still similar to the Hofner logo, but I'm very happy with it:
    Hehe that would be me. Somehow "Knight Industries Two thousand" didn't quite fit the build . "The c0f" works, and the logo looks pretty groovy. After all, it's not Hofner's guitar, it's *your* guitar !

Hi I started one of these kits last year.The end pin plate that holds the tailpiece needs to get shaped to fit the curved body side as the kit one is flatClick image for larger version. 

Name:	endpin2.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	271.9 KB 
ID:	38843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	endpin.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	38844

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5