Thread: Wiring is diagram different from what I've got??

Question Wiring is diagram different from what I've got??

Hi, I'm a new member of the community, and this is my first guitar build. I generally get all the info from the internet and the pitbull guitars website, but this time I was really confused. This is the problem.

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...0ST-1_2014.pdf

This is the link to the wiring diagram of the guitar kit I'm building, a STA-1. In the PDF, only one of the volume pots have a green capacitor. But for my kit, both tone knobs have a capacitor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capacitor.PNG 
Views:	114 
Size:	721.7 KB 
ID:	36587

The second and most important thing is, that my kit has 3 lines of free wires (Red, Blue, Black), where the wiring diagram only has 2 of them. Even in the pitbull guitars ST-1 wiring video, it says that there would be 2 wires to solder (Yellow, Black), but my kit has 3 free wires.

Also, according to the wiring diagram, the volume pot should only have 1 wire connected to it, where as mine has 2 wires attached to the volume pot, and only 1 connected to the tone pot. This is the picture of how it looks like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wires.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	664.2 KB 
ID:	36588

Did pitbull guitars forget to upload the new version of the wiring diagrams, or did I just get a faulty circuit board? It would be nice if I could get some help about this topic. Thank you.

The black and the blue are ground if I see it correctly, the red is hot to the output jack. You need to wire one ground and the hot cable to the jack and another ground to the bridge, like the diagram states.
    I don't know what I'm doing but I hope I will end up with a guitar

TCG is correct.
    For whatever reason, the factory used a blue wire as a ground as well as black. I suppose to avoid confusion
    Following that "logic", red to positive lug on jack, blue to negative on jack, black to bridge (usually the vibrato spring claw) - just as TCG said.

As for the two caps, a strat can be wired with one shared cap between the two tone controls or one for each. You just happen to have the one each option.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...