Thread: Ibanez S Series Kit

Ibanez S Series Kit

Everyone sells Ibanez RG kits, but I always loved the S series way more. Can't find a kit for it anywhere! Surely Pitbull could be the first?

The AIB kits are S-styled, however they don't appear to be listed currently.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

The AIB-1Q was similar to the current IB-1 kit. But that's a halfway house between an RG and an S. A real S is far slimmer and lighter, with edges that angle on both sides down to 1cm or less. So thin that the selector switch is located in a plastic housing that protrudes from the top of the body in order to fit.

It should be possible, but once you move away from standard components, the chances of finding a kit version reduce significantly. Solid wood versions are more likely to be found than veneer ones, as there aren't that many kits with veneer (if any) that don't have binding.

So you end up with the IB-1, which has lightly chamfered edges with binding and veneer, but is a lot bulkier than an S.

I much prefer the S to the RG and would like an S kit myself.

My mate Max only plays S-series guitars now and has quite a few of them. Almost anything else is too heavy for him to play standing up due to a bad back.

Name:  C139A9CA-D338-429F-977D-CB702E9892CF.jpeg
Views: 489
Size:  79.6 KB

He’s added about 3 more since that picture was taken.

Just realised I was wrong about binding on S-series. Some models do have it, though it's not that common.

Yep, I'm fairly certain the AIB is heavily inspired by this model https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/...21q_00_02.html

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I looked again at the IB-1 kit, and noticed that it does have the chamfered body. When I first looked at it I thought it ws squared off like an RG. Does anyone know if the IB-1 neck is thin like an Ibanez Wizard neck, or is it just a generic thickness like other kits?

I've got an S670QM in my arsenal. Probably my favourite guitar in my possession. A friend sold it to me for $400 in basically new condition. I think it's a factory second as the logo has been partially removed. Other than that, I can't tell what's wrong with it. Just love the way it feels and that neck is super thin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210910_004237457.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	264.8 KB 
ID:	41540