Thread: GS-2Q Wiring diagram?

GS-2Q Wiring diagram?

Has anyone completed a build for this guitar yet? Just opened my packet for the pots and looking a little confused at it. Can't find a guide for it anywhere on here and most wiring on google images are for 4 pots and a switch. Any help would be appreciated, Pictures especially as im better at following pictures than directions written down

It's a 2 Humbucker, 1 Volume, 1 Tone and 3-way toggle kit, so this diagram is the basic layout. Your model just has the switch physically sitting between the pots instead of above them.

If you have 4-wire (plus a bare) pickups then black is your 'hot', green and bare connect to ground, and the joined red/white pair are the link between the coils (insulate the tip if not coil splitting).
    Scott.

looking at the diagram and to the guitar. i do not have a hole leading to the bridge how will i be able to ground?

There should be a hole like below for the ground wire in the wall of either the bridge or tailpiece post hole closest to the control cavity:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e218n-TL_1TB_bridge_ground.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	36462

If not, then the easiest (and safest) option is to drill one from the post hole to connect into the bridge pickup cavity. It's a short path, easy angle and least likely to go horribly wrong.
    Last edited by WeirdBits; 13-07-2020 at 12:11 AM.
    Scott.

unfortunately its not predrilled. so ill have to do that tomorrow and try to get it all put together.

Just a quick tip, drilling these holes at an angle it's awfully easy for the drill chuck to contact the body and cause a scar. Put some masking tape or something down to protect the body from getting scuffed.
    Build #1, failed solid body 6 string using neck from a scrapped acoustic (45+ odd years ago as a teenager!)
    Build #2, ugly parlour semi with scratch built body and ex Peavey neck
    Build #3, Appalachian Dulcimer from EMS kit
    Build #4, pre-owned PB ESB-4
    Build #5, Lockdown Mandolin
    Build #6, Sixty six body for Squier
    Build #7, Mini Midi Bass

And I'd start with a smaller pilot hole for the bigger drill to have something to guide it.