Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Equinox II Reverb

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    I just can't get my cat to stay still for as long as yours.
    We really lucked out with how chill our cat is. Yesterday she fell asleep on the kids keyboard, slid off, smacked into the ground, looked slightly annoyed for about two seconds and then went back to sleep right where she fell, ha ha ha
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    We really lucked out with how chill our cat is. Yesterday she fell asleep on the kids keyboard, slid off, smacked into the ground, looked slightly annoyed for about two seconds and then went back to sleep right where she fell, ha ha ha
    Classic manovure!

I have decided that small predators (cats, dogs, pythons) make the best pets. We have a rabbit, and although they are fairly relaxed most of the time, the fight or flight response seems to be always just one sudden movement or unexpected noise away. I blame the fact that they are prey animals. Usually they just run away, but I do seem to get bitten every week or two. Cue the Monty Python references with "That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide!".

Slightly more on topic: I am planning a PT2399 delay soon. I would love to hear some audio samples once you get it all boxed up as well as a description of what type of reverb it does well.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Quote Originally Posted by jugglindan View Post
    I have decided that small predators (cats, dogs, pythons) make the best pets. We have a rabbit, and although they are fairly relaxed most of the time, the fight or flight response seems to be always just one sudden movement or unexpected noise away. I blame the fact that they are prey animals. Usually they just run away, but I do seem to get bitten every week or two. Cue the Monty Python references with "That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide!".

Slightly more on topic: I am planning a PT2399 delay soon. I would love to hear some audio samples once you get it all boxed up as well as a description of what type of reverb it does well.
    Cool I will do, just troubleshooting weird some boxing issues .. unsure what's going on yet. Was working perfectly then stopped... I'll get there..gotta be an earth short somewhere I think

Quote Originally Posted by jugglindan View Post
    Okay here you go. A super quick a dirty demo of this circuit.

https://soundcloud.com/a-bakers-doze.../s-C7KcKUyVj61

First run is clean. Then level at quarter, half, 3/4 and finally full.

I would describe it, for the way it is configured in this particular circuit, as going from a subtle spring reverb effect to a more pronounced spring reverb. Then spring reverb with some slapback and then the slapback gets increasingly more and more as the level goes up. I like how it blends the short and longer delays together to create a faux of both worlds. It's responsive to how hard you play and if you give it heaps the longer delay line will ring out more. Pretty cool for a <$25 pedal.

I like it up to the 1/2 setting. Above that, it just gets too echoey for my own tastes. I do like smooth reverbs without obvious echo components, which are nothing like you'd normally get in nature.

With a few more of those chips set for different delay times, you could probably get a smoother reverb sound when set for more intense sounds.

Yes I agree. My brief for this pedal was a subtle reverb, so utilising it between 1/4 to 1/2 will be my sweet spot. The slapback thing is just a bonus, but won't get used much at all. It really is a faux reverb, but I'm happy with it for its intended purpose, which is to sit next to my small Little Smasher amp head driving a 1 X 12 cab. A small and portable rig. As opposed to the big heavy Marshall amp, which obviously has its own reverb tank anyway.

Sounds good! I actually quite like a bit of echo. Might have to add this one to the build list
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Sounds good! I actually quite like a bit of echo. Might have to add this one to the build list
    You should dig it. Just waiting on some final bits for finalising the enclosure .

Here she is now all completed. Took some time for the vinyl letting to arrive. It's a little brighter than the sca red and the racing stripe, but I'm still happy with how it's turned out. It may fade a little over time. The black face, is also some vinyl wrap I had laying about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast