Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Equinox II Reverb

Equinox II Reverb

Have been getting stuck into the next cab off the rank, which is the Equinox II Reverb pedal. The verb comes from 2 PT2399 chips set to a very short tail to give the reverb effect. Demos sounded good and this is certainly a step up in terms of build complexity (for me). Also a good chance to test my skills without blowing up an expensive Belton reverb brick.

Here's the layout;

I decided, that I don't need tails or a buffered bypass, so am opting to go traditional true bypass with 3pdt. But I have to put a link between Stomp 4&5. Can still use Stomp 1&2 off the board as the power rails are there and the CLR is quite handy included on the layout.

Unlike delay, you generally want reverb on or off for a song, rather than turn it on and off during the song itself. So not having tails and going true bypass makes sense here.

For some reason I forgot to take photos early on, but here are a few stages of the build.

IC sockets, links and resistors.

Caps

Electrolytic caps

Fully populated and testing

Forgot the sockets have a curved cutaway to orient them on the board, so one of the 16pin and the opamp socket are upside down. That doesn't affect their performance though as the chips can still be installed the right way round.

She has fired up fine with only one slightly loose connection on the switch 4&5 bridge that I had to fix to ensure proper operation. Sounds good thru my little Vox headphone amp (now pedal tester) so happy days.

Next up will be offboard wiring and boxing fun/artwork. Going for a 125b as they are very comfortable to work with and this board fits perfectly the way it is oriented in the layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Unlike delay, you generally want reverb on or off for a song, rather than turn it on and off during the song itself. So not having tails and going true bypass makes sense here.
    That was my exact thought process too.

Looks really nice and tidy there BD. I built a delay pedal with two PT2399 chips an it works great, I especially like the slapback effect.

High five on the Vox heaphone test!
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Hi Bakersdozen, I would like to try building diy pedals. Nothing as complicated as yours, maybe just simple ones. May I ask where you source your stripboard layouts online and components in Australia? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Looks really nice and tidy there BD. I built a delay pedal with two PT2399 chips an it works great, I especially like the slapback effect.

High five on the Vox heaphone test!
    Thanks man, this one has a nice subtle slapback when the pot is dimed. Keen to box it up and test with my little portable rig.

Quote Originally Posted by KiMT View Post
    Hi Bakersdozen, I would like to try building diy pedals. Nothing as complicated as yours, maybe just simple ones. May I ask where you source your stripboard layouts online and components in Australia? Thanks in advance!
    Hi KiMT, get into it mate - it's definitely lots of fun. I source the stripboard layouts from here
    http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/...eezer.html?m=1

In regards to starting out and working out where to get components, there is a great thread here that outlines getting started and wrapping your head around everything, with lots of great links.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

As you said, start out with something basic like a buffer or boost and build your confidence from there. We look forward to seeing some of your builds.

Great work! I'm loving all the pedal building that's been happening on here lately
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Great work! I'm loving all the pedal building that's been happening on here lately
    Me too. Such great projects for time like these. Thoroughly enjoying your forays too mate. I just can't get my cat to stay still for as long as yours.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast