Thread: Raspberry Pi pedal?

Raspberry Pi pedal?

Anyone seen this or played around with a Pi for this purpose? https://www.electrosmash.com/pedal-pi

(I may have convinced a colleague of mine to try it out for me)

No, but it looks very cool. I did some looking into it a while back. But I think the option paralysis of programming the thing put me off

I have seen that and similar ideas built on Arduino boards. It would be an interesting way to explore digital effects programming, but it won't ever give you the quality of the better digital effects like a Boss GT-1000. I'm a software engineer, so programming one would be right in my comfort zone.

If you don't mind the latency, you can do the same thing on a PC with an audio interface.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

I was interested in this too, but my programming skills are nil and so I never went anywhere with it.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Quote Originally Posted by jugglindan View Post
    It would be an interesting way to explore digital effects programming, but it won't ever give you the quality of the better digital effects like a Boss GT-1000.
    It will depend on the effects. You certainly couldn't get a multitude of effects running on one like a GT1000 at the same quality, but maybe one or two. A friend on another forum ported his Yoshimi linux-based soft synth over to a Raspberry Pi, including a display, and that works very well. https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/v...p?f=21&t=68153