Thread: Slight neck tint

Slight neck tint

Hi all, I am working on a Stratocaster kit, I would like to give the neck a very slight tint. If I am using the Dingotone neck kit (colourless), what should I use to add a slight tint? Also, how would I go about this? Should I put the colouring in the neck stain coat or the final coat? I am basing the colour off the neck in the attached link:
    https://stageshop.hu/en/guitars-and-...er-heavy-relic
    Thanks in advance for any replies,
    Kind regards.

I would just like to add, will the colourless kit age over time? Also will a water-slide decal stick to the neck kit?
    Sorry for the large amount of questions.
    Look forward to hearing a reply

Water slide decal should be fine - generally you'll put it on below some of the neck kit - as you want to minimise the outline of the decal.

In terms of colours - I know that you'll get that colour from Tru Oil over time - and I'd suspect the Dingo Tone colourless as well - finishes based on oils tend to yellow over time - better to aim below the tint you need and let it yellow than hit it early and overshoot as it ages - given that it will be that shade for longer.

That's great thank you! I had suspected that I would need to aim below the tint, thanks again.