Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm glad to be here. I'm sure I'll learn lots and boy, do I need to! My love of guitars far outweighs my ability at playing them but I do love using my hands and creating. The nearest I have come to doing any guitar work of my own has been reworking a guitar I had - taking off poly, redoing a paint job and installing new hardware. Never did anything from a kit before so here my journey starts.

I bought a Les Paul Jr kit with the hopes of doing it when I had time. Well, this lockdown, aside from become a full time stay at home Dad, I feel have some time in the evenings to dedicate to building the kit.

So, opening the kit I discovered when putting the neck on the body that there was an issue with the fitness. There were gaps between the back of the neck and again under the neck. Please see photos. Just hoping you can offer me advice on how to fix these problems. I feel a little overwhelmed at this point. The bottom part of the neck which fits into the routed part of the body seems to be curved slightly outwards. So when I press the neck at the front of the body, there is a big gap underneath the bottom of the neck and when I press it at the bottom of the neck there is a big gap at the top of the body? I tried to put up more photos in pdf format but it still says files too large?

Cheers.