This isn’t so much a build diary as a “built” diary.

Got this kit as a Christmas present from my kids at the end of 19. Just “finished” about a week ago (June 2020).

I’ve made a video which I will try and link to this as it basically explains my journey.

I had no idea what I was doing to begin with and started by applying the finish to the wood. I should have done that much later. I think I have managed to get away with that.

The only other issue I came up against was the placement of the pick ups, particularly the bridge pick up as I felt it was too far away to allow me to achieve the 25.5” measurement for distance from nut to saddle. I did a bit of routing and was well pleased with myself. Not so sure I am now.

Anyway, the end result is that it looks great and actually makes a noise and roughly stays in tune. I still need to make sure my efforts at intonation were okay, so I’ll check with an expert or two. I may need to tackle the truss rod.

I’ve just used all of the parts that came with kit and haven’t done any special modifications. I bought a treble bleed circuit (from Pitbull) and wired that in, but that’s about it.

Did the Dingotone finishes for the body and neck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2335CFB5-D4DD-4D37-9752-10E5F483F1C9.jpeg 
Views:	207 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	36239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA44E6F6-E5B7-4E1E-9C23-C08A3CA2B1F8.jpeg 
Views:	204 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	36240

https://youtu.be/LbqxScAtPm0