Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Confusion regarding 12 string hard tail bridge

Hey BJP that email address is rejecting my attempts to send one. My order number was 40627.

No worries, just found your order.
    I'll send a new bridge tomorrow.
    Ben

ben(at)pitbullguitars.com

Worth checking the saddles on that are the same height, as I've seen someone else with a similar issue a couple of days ago here.

Also, the second set of holes for the smaller saddle piece on that same bridge hadn't been tapped, which meant that the saddle locking screw couldn't be moved forwards in order to put the saddles in the correct position for intonating a right-hand strung guitar. As they come set up from the factory, the small saddle can only move backwards from the main saddle position. But on a right-handed guitar, with the octave string on the bass side of the pair (and so on the smaller saddle), that saddle needs to go forwards of the thicker string saddle. If the hole isn't tapped for the screw, then it can't be.

They appear to be copies of a Gotoh bridge (both the full Tele style bridge and the shorter version), and I know that on those Gotohs, the saddle heights are equal and both of the smaller saddle holes are tapped.

I had a similar issue with my 12 string. In the end I swapped out the bridge for a Gotoh one. Never looked back.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3