Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Confusion regarding 12 string hard tail bridge

Yes.
    It is a lefty.
    I found the thicker strings take a little while to bed down.
    I tuned mine up and then took the three lowest (E, A, D) up another 1/2 tone and then left it for a week to settle. Still a little bit of upbow on the low strings after I re-tuned but it does not seem to affect intonation or playability.
    If you are concerned photograph the bridge and contact Pitbull.
    Last edited by colin2121; 22-06-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Looking at the saddle design, the thick strings need to go on the smaller adjustable position saddles as they will need to be set back further for intonation. At their furthest forward position, they look to be equal with the fixed saddle position (so fine for the top two equal sized pairs). So they work on Colin's bridge for L/H use, but not for a R/H use with that string orientation. But even so, the saddles should still really be at the same height. They certainly would be on an acoustic guitar.

Something is not right here.

I've strung the whole thing up and brought to tension and even the high Es and Bs are completely misaligned. There is slight gap between the sets of strings and I can see all the high octaves lined up perfectly about 1/2mm-1mm below the lows.

Also the nut is cut for low octave underneath and the style I'm used to with a 12 string.

Is this just a completely misbuilt bridge? I feel like it should be a left handed bridge but traditionally the low strings should be coming through the ferrule holes right?

I now see that there are two holes that the locking screw for the small saddle can go in, so the bridge can be used for either L or R hand use. Saddle height aside, I think you'll probably need to move them to the forward hole to get the intonation correct. Which may mean that the overall saddle height adjustment screws need to be at or below the level of the saddle plate so that they can be moved forwards. Which may possibly mean adding a very small shim to the neck to get a bit more string height at the bridge.

But those saddles need to be level. I'd ask Adam to sort you out a bridge where the saddles are level, as that just doesn't seem right.

I've taken some pics from behind the bridge when fully strung at tension to show just how off they are

https://imgur.com/gallery/SKZbtRy

Thanks for your help mate, appreciate you taking the time.

Hi Conesworth,

That's definitely not right. Please email or PM me with your order number and I'll get a new bridge shipped asap.
    Ben

ben(at)pitbullguitars.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast