Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had much experience with Aliexpress?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone had much experience with Aliexpress?

Never used it before...

Found a body I really like. Anyone bought off of there before?

All I have bought from them is a power tank for my pedals, no problem at all with that transaction, product was as described and delivered in the expected timeframe.

Bear in mind that they are much like another eBay with multiple sellers often selling the exact same product at different prices

I bought a few things. Mainly frets but you have to wait friggin ages for it to show up.

cheers, Mark.

I have bought a few things from there. Postage tends to be quite slow, but that's true of nearly everything these days.

What Dave said is about right. It's like eBay, providing a venue for different retailers to sell stuff. It tends to have a much higher (exclusively?) proportion of Chinese sellers than eBay.

Sometimes prices + postage is better than eBay, sometimes it's worse.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Bought some bridge clamps and a fret wire bender via them. All turned up. The clamps weren't brilliant quality but they were very cheap - so my expectations weren't high. fret wire bender was good. So like eBay (where much of the stuff will also turn up), it's got a mixture of good average and poor.

If you can afford to loose the money you've spent if it doesn't turn up or is damaged or just really bad when it turns up, then I'd go for it. Otherwise I'd hold on and buy something from somewhere you can get your money back if necessary.

6. Liked by: Joe Garfield

I'm buying there pretty frequently. Got a lot of guitar parts there, but no full guitars or kits so far.

I ordered a kit there, twice, both times it was cancelled by the seller with different excuses (sent to wrong address, quality issues...) which is - in my opinion - more a sign of a reseller selling stuff they didn't even stock so far. I waited 6 weeks for a kit before getting the message it was cancelled, so.. I'm cautious when things costs more than 40$.

But my experiences with accessories are very good so far. Pickup surrounds, knobs, switches, tuners, bridges... same stuff as the aftermarket parts you can buy here, just at a third of the price and the shipping times can be months.
    Sometimes you're lucky, I just received a set of wilkinson pickups after exactly 2 weeks of shipping. That's pretty good.

A few days ago I thought I'd take the risk and ordered a fully finished stratocaster neck for 27€ incl. shipping. If it's crap, my credit card will have me covered
    I don't know what I'm doing but I hope I will end up with a guitar

I've seen some stuff on there in the past that had my interest, but never pulled the trigger. Last time I went to browse, I couldn't get in without signing up for a membership or some such nonsense. Lost interest immediately.

Update: Went back and checked today, and it let me right in to browse. No idea what that was all about, but glad I can window shop there again.
    Last edited by PJSprog; 20-06-2020 at 04:47 AM.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM

I've made two orders from Guitar Family on there and both were as described. Happy with the quality of the parts for the price. Wouldn't hesitate to order from them again, unless I needed the product ASAP. Cheap shipping from China is going to be very slow, just have to accept that.
    Last edited by Chaosblade; 20-06-2020 at 04:03 AM.
    1. GS-2Q
    2. EXM-1 custom
    3. GMS-7F

Thanks for the feedback all.

Certainly seems to have a weLth of the small fiddly parts for good prices.

I’ve messaged this seller afanti music three times now enquiring about the measurements of the neck pocket on a body, to no reply. Be pretty sad if it is a no go as its a bargain and a cool uncommon shape that would fill a gole in my collection.

I just wanted to add that the neck I ordered recently just arrived! Ordered on June 15th and arrived just 9 days later. That's pretty cool!
    The neck itself is good quality and the finish is nice, but it's thick as a baseball bat Not for tiny hands...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I hope I will end up with a guitar

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast