Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had much experience with Aliexpress?

The Vintage Phase and Analog Chorus ones above.

I've also got a Biyang Fuzz Star on order, so I think I'll be good for at least five minutes...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dozymuppet View Post
    Whoops. Slipped and bought two pedals.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Another case of P.A.S. Doctor!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    You sure they're rebadged Joyo? The enclosures seem to small for any series of the Joyo I know.
    The names are certainly the same. Is it the Joyo circuits in a smaller package?
    You know that part of things more than me.
    Second hand knowledge. I have never held those pedals in hand and compared them to Joyo ones, and I agree, the enclosures look smaller than the Joyo Ironman series. But everything I have read online indicates they are indeed rebadged (and reboxed?) Joyo pedals. They cover the same set of clones as the first series of Joyo pedal, they have the same colours, and some even have the same artwork (chorus fist!). So they appear to either be rebadged Joyo, or clones of the Joyo clones.

But Joyo do have a history of selling their pedals to others to be rebadged, for example Harley Benton pedals. For a while Artist were selling Joyo Ironman pedals with the Artist brand on them.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    You sure they're rebadged Joyo? The enclosures seem to small for any series of the Joyo I know.
    The names are certainly the same. Is it the Joyo circuits in a smaller package?
    You know that part of things more than me.

Could be the same circuits , but all in SMD or something

For a while Artist were selling Joyo Ironman pedals with the Artist brand on them.
    That's right! I remember seeing those.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

I bought a power supply, leads and tuner for my pedal board. The power supply brand is "Power Prof" and the tuner is "Rowin". No problems so far and the tuner is very accurate with a true bypass. Delivery times varied between 2 to 4 weeks. I have order alot of guitar stuff from Aliexpress and while delivery times may vary greatly, I haven't had a drama yet. Just do you measurements and research carefully and read the ads thoroughly before you buy. Their dispute system works well if there is a problem too.

Does Kmise build parts for other brands under license? I have a neck and a set of pickups from them. That's a pretty wide range of stuff if they are actually building it.

Quote Originally Posted by fender3x View Post
    Does Kmise build parts for other brands under license? I have a neck and a set of pickups from them. That's a pretty wide range of stuff if they are actually building it.
    I don't know. I find the amount of rebranding makes it hard to know actually made anything.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Seen so many of the 'Kmise' pedals appearing with different makers names on (but otherwise the same artwork) when I looked on Amazon that I doubt they actually make them. Almost all the Kmise pedals on Amazon UK have gone for the moment at least. Probably sold out because of the recent videos on them. I was going to buy a bunch of drives and test them out as this month's 'cheap kit' experiment.

If you plan to do a kit... FWIW I have a Kmise neck that I got for $35 on Ebay. It was mostly good. It has a nice profile and feels as good in my hand as any neck I've played. It came with a very thin finish, and nice rosewood board. Cheap plastic inlays but that's to be expected. The biggest "con" was that rosewood board was slightly higher on the treble side than the bass side. It was relatively easy to compensate for at the bridge. It was enough, however, to make the plastic nut that it came with unusable. I made a bone nut for it, so no big deal there either. Frets were more or less OK on the ends, and only required a little dressing, but required a bit to get them flat. They advertise Canadian maple. I couldn't tell from it's accent if it was really Canadian, but it was definitely maple and had beautifully figured grain. Based on this experience, I'd be willing to get stuff from the again. I also realized after posting last time that I have gotten other things from them. The chrome stuff--like a Jazz base control plate--has been nicely finished and fits as well as the "genuine fender" plate I also have. In fact the Kmise is identical in dimension, but a bit thicker and feels like higher quality.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast