Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First built , JRM 1DC kit. Thanx for your help !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jrm1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	36391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jrm2.jpg 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	36392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jrm3.jpg 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	36393 grain filler red stain , light polish . I don't knom if im painting a "table" in pelham blue or varnishing like this?
    your toughts ?

This is when you want to get the flat surfaces as flat as possible. If you can stick sandpaper to a long flat piece of wood with double-sided tape, then you'll quickly get an idea where any dips are in the wood as you'll still see them as shiny areas. You really need to sand until they are all gone. You may need to re do the grain filler, as it almost always needs more than one application. And don't use too coarse a grit paper on the grain filler, as that tends to pull out the filler from the pores, so use the finer stuff once you''re getting close to the wood surface, even if it takes a bit longer.

As to the finish: colour or clear coat. I like the dark mahogany wood finish and have never been a fan of Pelham blue (or any metallic finish for that matter) on a guitar, so my own choice would be to just clear coat it.

i like the vintage look of dark mahogany , so i think i will put a nitro finish , then try to make it krakle with a light relic . relic the p90 too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2