Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: MXR Cae Boost / Line Driver clone

Also, how do you get 9V out of the power bank? I thought they put out the USB standard 5V. I can't imagine the pedals or amp running well at 5V.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Quote Originally Posted by jugglindan View Post
    Also, how do you get 9V out of the power bank? I thought they put out the USB standard 5V. I can't imagine the pedals or amp running well at 5V.
    Good question! You can get USB 5v to 9v step up converters. Very handy piece of kit. Jaycar sells one (overpriced) but you can source em cheap on eBay. You will most likely have to reverse the polarity though. The jaycar one has pins you can easily reverse, but I can't speak for the cheaper ones - they may be hardwired.

Very handy for eliminating power to pedal boards and portable rigs etc with the right power brick

Thanks! Shouldn't be much to them, so DIY might be possible. Maybe a transformer or charge pump circuit.

Not that I need one right now...

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

This has highlighted the need for a simple reverb pedal for this small rig .. I think the equinox 2 jfetless version might be a good fit. With a true bypass mod as I don't need another buffer in the chain.

https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com...ox-ii.html?m=1

2 PT chips and a simple one knob control rather than getting an expensive Belton chip.

Looks interesting, if you do build it I will be very interested in how it sounds. Reverb is one of those effects that I have never thought about building, probably because I like the reverb in my amp so much. One day I might try to work out a controller circuit for the spring reverb unit in the broken amp chassis I have.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4