Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MXR Cae Boost / Line Driver clone

Quote Originally Posted by jugglindan View Post
    Good point. In that case I would also cover the screw threads with tape and after painting scrape/sand the paint out of the countersinks on the back so you will get a good connection through the 4 screws. Maybe also file the paint from the inside of the pot and jack holes, as the case is usually earthed through the 6.5mm jacks.
    I put a little bluetack in the holes and then pushed a washer onto it, so the paint didn't adhere around the jack holes. Once the jacks are in you can't tell.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Nice! There's an MXR vibe going on. I like it.
    Last edited by jugglindan; 18-06-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Also, given tonight's ordeal with a new supply of generic waterslide paper, what brand decal paper did you use? I am pretty sure the stuff I have now is no good for larger decals. Hopefully it might still be usable for smaller pieces, because I still have 9 A4 sheets of it.
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Nice! There's an MXR vibe going on. I like it.
    A little tribute in there. Buffer symbol and added a rocket it inside for boost was my train if thought.

Also, given tonight's ordeal with a new supply of generic waterslide paper, what brand decal paper did you use? I am pretty sure the stuff I have now is no good for larger decals. Hopefully it might still be usable for smaller pieces, because I still have 9 A4 sheets of it.
    Ah dude, I feel ya. I just replied in the FS-808 thread. This latest batch was an eBay inanimate seller I got a while back. Sometimes it works really well and sometime it just doesn't. The Daily Driver (for example) was the same batch of paper and went on and worked like a Boss over the vinyl wrap. This one, not so much, I really struggled. Was thinking maybe temperature and warming the water may have helped. I really don't know. At least you weren't the only one struggling today with decals.

I always use slightly warm water, and I used the same technique that worked so well on past attempts. The only change was the brand of paper.

A little time this morning to have a noodle around with this little self powered portable rig. All USB power bank powered not relying on mains at all. 1x 12 custom speaker cab with a V30 installed and the Diago Little Smasher 5W amp head to drive it all. Very impressed. light and portable.

Looks great. How does it sound? And how much play time do you get from the power bank?

Plus I am chuffed to see the Daily Driver on there

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast