Thread: G'day from France

G'day from France

Hi all,

My name is Phoenix, I'm an Aussie currently living in France, and most crucially, I'm a first time guitar builder.

Having found some spare time I figured why not learn something new, as I've always loved guitars and the nostalgia that comes with building something unique with your own hands. Long story short I ordered a TLA-1F as a warm up project and an ES1-gt as more of a challenge. I'd already had an idea in mind for the ES that was inspired by some of the amazing guitars in this forum. However during the wait for the guitars to arrive I began generating more ideas for how I want the tele to look and sound, so I'm really excited to see if I can bring it to life.

Thus far I haven't made a build diary, but I'll get to that next. As for the guitar, I've shaped the head, ordered wudtone for the neck and body, picked up a few other extras and pyrographed a design along the edges. My idea is starting to come to life!

Anyway, apologies in advance for the many questions I am liable to pose along the way, but man am I excited to finally have my kit in hand!

Bonjour! ...and that concludes the limit of my French!

So I'll just say welcome.

Oh... and oui... I got that one too!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Welcome aboard, is your Username a reference to the band Phoenix? I enjoy their stuff.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Welcome to the forum!
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Welcome to the forum!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Thanks for the welcome guys, it's one hell of a group you've got here!

Although I like some of the stuff the group Phoenix makes, I chose the name Phoenix because that's my name. So I guess my mum chose it? Wasn't much more thought in it than that, sorry to disappoint!

Anyway, I've just downloaded the tapatalk app so I can start uploading pictures of my progress. Received wudtone kit today and a new nut for my telecaster build. I've finished the pyrography on it, and will start measuring and drilling tomorrow (with the help of a local luthier to guide me). Fingers crossed I don't screw it up!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk