Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Miscellaneous pedal projects

Here are some pics. The More Heavy and notch selections are fantastic - very doom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG20200716083618.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	36491

Name:	thumbnail_IMG20200716104649.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	339.8 KB 
ID:	36492

Name:	thumbnail_IMG20200716105117.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	36493
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Awesome! Is that a 1590BB ? Looking forward to a sound clip when you have a chance

Yeah, 1590BB. I've seen some people managed to get theirs in with the pedal oriented the other way, but this way gave me a bit more wriggle room.

I'll try to do a demo this afternoon - it's a bit crazy at work this week with student return imminent, so will have to see how I go!
    #002 (WL-1)
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

'The TGS Special'

Crazy fuzz is not my cup of tea, but it looks good. I like the u-bolt valve guards on the valvecaster. And did you build the rat pedal? I quite like the sound of a Rat for the < 1% of the time that I want a distortion. I breadboarded one earlier this year but haven't committed to a permanent build. Might breadboard the Red Llama and see how that goes
    Mantra: No more pedals, must finish BlueyCaster...
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Yeah, I made the rat. I made all the pedals on the board, which is kind of nice. I need a good loop pedal though, which isn't something I can DIY.

I use the rat all the time, ha ha ha. It's probably my most used pedal, but I have been looking for some more doom level distortion.

The U-bolts worked out great. I can still fit the shield, but I like being able to see the tube. And now it's on the board it's much more secure. Both my uncle and brother have had a play around with the Valvecaster and rated it, so I might make two more for their birthdays later in the year.

I don't think I've come across the red llama (or I've forgotten). Will check it out.
    #002 (WL-1)
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

'The TGS Special'

Haven't had a chance to record the Megalith as my mum's come to stay (somehow I suspect she wouldn't be that into it lol)

I ran out of vero board, so I'll buy some more in the week to build the others on my list.

The Sunn preamp PCB should arrive in the week too, which I'm quite keen to build.

I've also decided I need a compressor, so think I'll try one or both of these:

Keeley 4-knob compressor

Name:	Keeley 4-Knob Compressor.png 
Views:	195 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	36555

5-knob compressor

Name:	5-Knob-Comp2 small.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	338.6 KB 
ID:	36554
    #002 (WL-1)
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

'The TGS Special'

I really like my orange squeezer, but nothing beats the adjustability of the Ross style compressor.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: I haven't done woodwork since high school, and wasn't really paying attention at the time ...

Your orange squeezer is what got me thinking about compressors!
    #002 (WL-1)
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

'The TGS Special'

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Your orange squeezer is what got me thinking about compressors!
    It's a great circuit. I only really today bedded it into my setup. I was struggling for ages trying to figure out why it didn't play well with my humbucker and p90 equipped guitars. No matter what, they were mildly overdriving the signal, making it unsuitable for anything clean. Whereas the Strat, TeleMaster and the lower output P90 guitars sounded freaking fantastic. I've worked out the best spot (for me) to get it working well all round is to have it in the fx loop. I'm super pumped on it now and the juicy goodness is shining thru . Settled the bias bang on 1.35 volts as well DC - thanks for the tip.

Yeah, it can get a bit dirty with a strong signal. That's part of what I meant when saying its not totally transparent. It adds a bit of colour (or is that juice?) to the signal. I don't have any high output pickups though, so it works great right at the front of the chain after the buffer. Although if I had a boost/buffer like you it might not be as happy with the boosted output.

The more transparent Ross-style have their place too, so I am super interested to see how a stripboard build of one goes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6