Very nice... but loved it more without the pickguard In fact, I've got a 6-string TL I'm building that may be a good pair for it, albeit with a blonde neck and a worse finish.

In case you want to play with some switching options using the 3-way 'import' here are a couple of layouts.

This first layout uses an extra 0.0068uF (6n8) cap to filter off the top highs, which can also help remove some single coil hum (note: it's an 0.0068 cap, not our usual 0.068, 0.022 or 0.047 etc). Position 1 is just the volume control and nothing else. Position 2 gives volume and tone control. Position 3 is volume with the high cut, no tone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ozz_TeleBass_3way_highcut_v1.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	370.9 KB 
ID:	37407
Note: the 0.0068 cap is connected between the last lug on the switch and the switch's ground tab, but any ground point will do.

The second layout uses the same 0.0068uF (6n8) cap for another high cut, but also adds a 22KΩ resistor and 0.068uF (683) cap to slightly thin out the bottom end to balance with the reduced highs. Position 1 is volume only, position 2 is volume and tone, position 3 is volume with high cut and low 'trim' (not a full cut) and no tone control.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ozz_TeleBass_3way_highlowcut_v1.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	388.0 KB 
ID:	37408

I tested this type of layout today with some different value caps and resistors and, with my set up at least, the 0.068uF cap and 22kΩ resistor seemed to give the most usable sound, but YMMV. Different gear, different sounds, different results. Resistors from 5K-50KΩ could work, and/or 0.047uF or 0.1uF caps instead of the 0.068uF.

I tried to minimise the changes between the two layouts to make it easier to try both if you wanted. You just need to move the pickup hot and add the extra cap and resistor. But... I won't be offended if you don't use either of them.