Thread: Don't Lend Your Guitar

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I’ve been super careful with my guitars over the decades and they look pretty good. However, I’m working on losing that attitude because I think it affects my playing and has turned me a bit OCD!

I always untuck my shirt so those rivets on my jean pockets, buttons, belt buckles, etc. don’t scratch the back. I’m careful with my picking, and my fingernails to make sure I don’t scratch the top, I always wash my hands before playing, and oh...deodorant from arm - gotta keep that off the finish!

Guitars are tools to make music with, not museum pieces. I’d like to adopt Eddie Van Halen and Billy Sheehan’s attitude - they just got out a chisel, a dremel tool, or whatever it took to make their instruments work, wrecking a bunch of stuff in the process, but they ended up with sweet playing instruments!

The kit I built a year ago had finish issues. It wasn’t perfect, but finally, I put it together and started playing. As long as the wood is protected and it looks ok from 10 feet away, it doesn’t really matter.

Play the things! Forget about the dents and scratches!
    Last edited by MusicStudent1; 31-07-2020 at 03:26 PM.